main image

main image

Friday, 21 February 2014

Beetroot, Rocket and Pomegranate Salad

What shall we have to eat? It's something I ask several times a week. My husband and sons would  always opt for meat. My daughter would be a vegetarian if she was cooking for herself all of the time. Feeding a family is often a balancing act and, even though there are just two of us for most of the time these days, sometimes I just run out of ideas! Sometimes I am at a complete loss as to what to have for a change. Sometimes I lie awake at night worrying about what we are going to eat the following day, which is ridiculous!

Last week my husband was taken into hospital for a hernia operation. It all happened quite quickly and was quite stressful. When he came home I made a nutritious chicken soup to get him on the mend. The following day I just wanted something which didn't involve too much bother. I nipped into our local branch of Marks and Spencer with nothing particular in mind and emerged with the ingredients for this salad.



It comprised rocket, baby beetroot, cucumber, walnuts and pomegranate seeds.

I made a French dressing to drizzle over the top and served it with poached salmon and new potatoes. As well as being healthy, it was quick and it was easy which sometimes is just what you need.

Thank-you for reading. Have a good week.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Hope he's on the mend now. Where would we be without M&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's doing really well, thanks of course to my tender loving care! M&S is marvellous, isn't it? Especially those pomegranate seeds. I get in such a mess when I try to bash them out of the fruit myself!

    ReplyDelete